Tuesday 11 January 2011

Nietzsche's The Antichrist

This is the first book I have read on my kindle. And it was free! So this is the first work of Nietzsche's that I have ever read and I find him to be an interesting though self-loathing cat. His dislike of Christianity seems to spring from a need to self-deprecate. Every chance he gets he takes a swipe at the Germans and of course Christianity, and most of his reason seem rather emotional to me instead of well-reasoned. He praises every other major world religion in comparison with Christianity. He also says some interesting things from my perspective. Nietzsche seems interested in the priority of experience as a defining characteristic. He seems however to dislike Christianity so much, that he can't believe that Christians can have religious experience as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment