Monday 16 March 2009

Horrible things

Tonight I felt like I heard of something so horrible that when I realized what was being said I could not think of anything but how incomprehensibly evil some men can be. Apparently a man in Austria raped his daughter repeatedly over 24 years and had 7 children by her which he has kept locked up in a dungeon in his house, never even letting them see the light of day. I thought of how I and others have joked about incest before and I just felt ashamed. I could almost feel myself making a pledge never to feel sorry for myself again. I guess everyone has their own troubles and the measure of their emotions are only comparable to what they know through their own experiences. But I can't imagine that these children thought that they had normal lives. The way the world naturally works and operates in every relationship from one thing to another, ying to yang, hard to soft, suggests that this is not right in any way. How can society deal with something that troubling? We don't even want to immagine that a human is capable of that but it hurts to understand that they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment